15-year-old qualifier beats the #5 seed, #4 seed ousted too.
The third day of competition in the main draw of the inaugural ResortQuest Pro Women’s Open at Sea Colony is complete. The main draw for singles and doubles continues tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. with quarter final singles and semi-final doubles matches on the Har-Tru clay courts at Sea Colony.
The complete results fromThursday’s 2nd round singles matches:
- Alexa Guarachi (USA) def. Molly O’Koniewski (USA) 6-1, 6-1
- #8 Kyle McPhillips (USA) def. Dianne Hollands (NZL) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
- #1 Maria-Fernanda Alves (BRA) def. Kelsey Laurente (USA) 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
- #3 Angelina Gabueva (RUS) def. Li Xi (CHN) 6-3, 4-6, 7-5
- Denise Starr (USA) def. #4 Katie Ruckert (USA) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
- Chanelle Van Nguyen def. Veronica Corning (USA) 6-1, 1-0 (ret.)
- Katrine Isabel Steffensen (USA) def. #5 Nika Kukharchuk (RUS) 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
- #2 Lena Litvak (USA) def. Gaia Sanesi (ITA) 7-5, 6-4
The complete results from Thursday’s quarter finals doubles matches:
- Kelsey Laurente (USA) / Nicole Robinson (USA) def. Alexis Dorr (USA) / Alexa Guarachi (USA) 6-3, 6-1
- #4 Kyle McPhillips (USA) / Chanelle Van Nguyen (USA) def. Molly O’Koniewski (USA) / Li XI (CHN) 6-1, 7-5
- #1 Maria-Fernanda Alves (BRA) / Angelina Gabueva (RUS) def. Dianne Hollands (NZL) / Simone Kalhorn (USA) 6-2, 6-3
- #2 Alexandra Hirsch (USA) / Lena Litvak (USA) def. Paulina Bigos (POL) / Jessica Lawrence (USA) 5-7, 6-4 (10-4)
For Day 3 of the main draw’s results, Day 4’s quarter finals singles and semi-finals doubles matchups and up-to-date scoring, as well as the latest tournament information, are available on SeaColonyTennis.net (the official online home of Sea Colony tennis) or pro-classic.seacolonytennis.net (the official tournament Web site).
Follow the tournament (or join the conversation) on Twitter at #ProSC