Top-seeded Alexis King (USA) led an onslaught of seeded players advancing into the second round of the ResortQuest Pro Women’s Open on Wednesday, after winning her first round match in straight sets, 6-1, 6-0 over China’s Mingxiu Du
King, No. 2 Anastasia Kharchenko (UKR) and No. 4 Jacqueline Cako (USA) all advanced into the next round, ensuring the top four seeds, including No. 3 Nika Kukharchuk (RUS) who won yesterday, will continue on.
The tournaments second round will be played Thursday beginning at 9 a.m. at the Sea Colony Tennis Center in Bethany Beach, Delaware.
Also advancing into round two were Olena Leonchuk, the Ukrainian who has now won a tourney-high four matches, Serbian Vojislava Lukic, and Americans Veronica Corning and Nicole Robinson; the latter of whom won the day’s only three set matchup, beating Jillian Rooney (USA) 4-6, 7-6 (7), 6-2.
In doubles action, the top-seeded duo of Kharchenko and Kukharchuk advanced, besting Americans Madeleine Kobelt and Komal Safdar in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1 and ensuring the top three bids remain alive in round two.
Singles Main Draw:
- No. 4 Jacqueline Cako (USA) def. Elizabeth Bagley (USA) 6-1, 6-1
- No. 1 Alexis King (USA) def. Mingxiu Du (CHN) 6-1, 6-0
- No. 2 Anastasia Kharchenko (UKR) def. Ashley Murdock (USA) 6-3, 7-6 (4)
- Nicole Robinson (USA) def. Jillian Rooney (USA) 4-6, 7-6 (7), 6-2
- Mariya Slupska (UKR) def. No. 7 Nadia Echeverria Alam (USA) 6-4, 6-4
- Veronica M. Corninig (USA) def. Natasha Prokhnevska (USA) 7-6 (5), 6-1
- Vojislava Lukic (SRB) def. Rachel May Pierson (USA) 6-3, 6-0
Doubles Main Draw:
- Simone Kalhorn (USA)/ Alessondra Parra (USA) def. Casey Robinson (USA)/ Molly Scott (USA) 6-0, 6-3
- No. 1 Anastasia Kharchenko (UKR)/ Nika Kukharchuk (RUS) def. Madeleine Kobelt (USA)/Komal Safdar (USA) 6-1, 6-1
- Nicole Robinson (USA)/Katrine Isabel Steffensen (USA) def. Mingxiu DU (CHN)/ Dhanielly Quevedo (VEN) 6-3, 6-2
- Ashley Murdoch (USA)/ Mariya Slupska (UKR) def. Caroline Dailey (USA)/Amanda Rodgers (USA) 6-3, 6-2
- Tristen Z. Dewar (USA)/ Kelsey Laurente (USA) def. Rachel May Pierson (USA)/Natasha Prokhnevska (USA) 6-2, 7-5
Be sure to follow along with all of the tourney action at SeaColonyTennis.net or on Twitter using the hashtag #ProSC