The third annual ResortQuest Pro Women’s Open at Sea Colony got under way Sunday in Bethany Beach, Delaware, with 16 hopefuls advancing closer to entry into the tournament’s main draw set for Tuesday.
The eight-day tournament, held on the clay courts at the Sea Colony Tennis Center, features dozens of professional tennis players from the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Pro Circuit tour, representing eight countries on four continents, competing for world ranking points and a share of the $10,000 in prize money.
Qualifying resumes tomorrow at 9 a.m. with second round action. Monday’s ten qualifying round winners will join today’s victors in Tuesday’s final round to determine the eight qualifiers entering the 32 player main draw.
Day 1 Qualifying Draw Results:
- Tristen Dewar (USA) def. Rachel Smilansky (USA) 6-2, 6-0
- Brittany Dubins (USA) def. Anna Smith (USA) 6-0, 6-3
- Caroline Lampl (USA) def. Edmee Morin Kougoucheff (FRA) 6-0, 2-6, 6-1
- Amy Zhu (USA) def. Ariana Rodriguez (USA) 6-4, 6-1
- Alexa Graham (USA) def. Olena Leonchuk (UKR) 6-1, 7-6 (6)
- Kristina Mathis (USA) def. Daniella Roldan (USA) 6-4, 6-4
- Milena Kachar (USA) def. Tracy Azeez (GUY) 6-0, 6-0
- Alexandra Perper (MDA) def. Yvonne Peters (USA) 6-1, 6-1
- Tina Tehrani (USA) def. Joanna Zalewski (USA) 6-3, 6-1
- Dasha Ivanova (USA) def. Ana Carolina Sigaki (BRA) 6-1, 6-1
- Deborah Suarez (USA) def. Kayla Symone Price (USA) 6-0, 6-2
- Kelly Williford (USA) def. Monet Willis (USA) 6-4, 7-5
- Madison Bourguignon (USA) def. Mercedes Hammond (USA) 6-2, 6-1
- Brooke Rischbieth (AUS) def. Isabelle Dasilva (USA) 6-1, 6-1
- Kelsey Laurente (USA) def. Annie Dimuro (USA) 6-1, 6-2
- Julia Browne (USA) def. Stephanie J. Smith (USA) 6-4, 6-2
Follow the action of the ResortQuest Pro Women’s Open at Sea Colony at SeaColonyTennis.net/pwo or follow on Twitter @seacolonytennis or by using the hashtag #ProSC